Make Payments to People or Merchants.
Merchant Bill Pay
Two different kinds of payments are made to payees (merchants): electronic payments and check payments.
- Electronic payments: Whenever possible, payment is issued electronically. Funds for the payment are debited from your account on the payment delivery date. If you schedule a payment for your cable company to be paid on the last day of the month, the funds will be delivered and deducted from your account on that designated day.
- Check payments: If a payee is unable to accept electronic payments, a check is sent from the system. This payment behaves just as it would if you wrote a check from your checkbook. The funds will be deducted from your account when the payee receives and negotiates the check. To make sure your payment is delivered to your payee by the Due Date you specified, a direct check is sent up to five days prior to the due date. Funds will not be deducted from your account until the payee processes the check payment, which could be several days after receiving it.
Once the payment is scheduled, the bill payment system will show you whether the payment will be sent electronically or by check.
The new system features e-Bills. This is an electronic copy of your paper bill that you can view anytime from the Bill Pay service. An e-Bill may not be available from every payee that you have set up, but when it is available, you can set up auto payments and manage your bills in one place.
Additional information about the bill pay system is available in the online banking platform.
Pay Other People
Need to send money to someone you know? Popmoney is a simple process that allows you to send money directly to someone from your checking account. All you need is the recipient’s mobile number or email address. Follow these steps from within the online banking platform:
1. Select “Move Money” on the navigation menu of online banking from a desktop or laptop.
2. Choose “Pay Other People” to transfer money to other people.
3. Once you agree to the terms and conditions, the portal will walk you through the process.