Custom Debit FAQs
- How do I switch from my standard 1st MidAmerica debit card to a custom debit card?
To receive a new custom card, you first need to contact our call center at 618-258-3168 or visit any branch to place an order. Once your order is placed, you can upload your photo. Your current card will be disabled when you order your new card. When your new custom debit card arrives in the mail, approximately 10-14 days after you upload your photo. Your card will have a new expiration date and you will receive a new PIN for your card.
- What happens to the debit card that I have now?
Please remember to dispose of your old card by shredding it, or you may bring it into any branch and we'll securely discard it for you.
- How do I change my custom card image?
To change your custom card image you must order a replacement by contacting us through our call center at 618-258-3168 or visiting one of our branches.
- What is the cost?
There is a fee to order a replacement debit card. The fee is deducted from your checking account when you order the custom card.
- Replacement Card Fee (new card image) = $9.95
- What types of images are accepted?
1st MidAmerica and its vendor partners reserve the right to determine whether a submitted images will be accepted. See Image Guidelines for more information. We will notify you if your image quality is not accepted.
- How will I know if my image is approved or not?
We will notify you if your image is not approved. This process may take up to 3 business days. The images are verified by our card processer, so we do not have access to the images to confirm for you when they are approved.
- Can the joint account holder on my account have a custom card with a different image than me?
Yes. Each signer on the account can have their own unique card of their choice.
- Have additional questions about creating your custom debit card?
Contact us or call us at 618-258-3168.